Saturday, August 7, 2010

Yoga, Mate, and Running

So the verdict is in. I cannot drink a muy grande mate-latte every day and run. I also cannot go back to yoga after a year off and run the next day. This whole running thing is certainly starting to get inconvenient.

All week I have been having awful runs. I just could not figure out what the problem was. I would just be jogging along and boom my heart rate would jump up, I would start sweating bullets and get queasy. Kind of like I was working out at max heart rate, but I was not.

Thursday I was teaching, after drinking a huge mug of may mate-latte, and I broke out in a dripping wet sweat. It is like hot flashes, at least like I imagine hot flashes since I have never really had one. I just looked at our student and apologized for sweating like a pig.

Finally this morning as I was struggling because I was so freakin sore from yoga last night, I remembered one other time I had these same symptoms. I was taking some "all natural" diet pills. They were loaded with caffeine, as well as garana and some other pretty potent stuff. Same thing happened. I would be biking and my heart would feel like it was going to beat right out of my chest.

Hopefully now that I have figured it out I will start having better runs. As for the yoga, of course I will do more! Classes on Monday and Friday for me now.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

and you didn't believe me when I told you Mate catches up with me just like coffee :) How I hate being right ALL the time LOL