Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Awesome Noodles

Yeah I finally found the Thai Curry Paste that I have been searching for. I found it at Auto Mercado, and it wasn't even too expensive. Only one thousand colones, or less than two dollars. Good deal for anything here. Since I finally found it I could make these awesome noodles. I used spinach fettuccini and it was really good.

1 lb. green beans chopped into 2-3"
12 oz. boned skinned chicken (I used thighs, but you can use breasts)
8-9 oz. fettuccini
1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
1 TBLS. Thai red curry paste
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp rice vinegar
Fresh basil or cilantro leaves for a garnish

Bring a big pot of water to boil and throw in the fettucini and chopped green beans.
Cook 3-5 minutes covered until done. Pour into colander, rinse and drain.
Rinse pan and put back on heat. Stir in 1/4 C. coconut milk, and curry paste. Add chicken, stir until done about 5 minutes. Mix in remaining coconut milk, 1/4 cup water, sugar, vinegar.
Add noodles and green beans to pan and mix until the noodles are hot about 3-5 minutes.
Pour into bowls and sprinkle with fresh leaves.

Even my teenager liked this and she does not like curry!

No comments: