Thursday, May 20, 2010

10 Miler and Coconut Water

I had a great 10 mile run today. Thanks in big part to hubby. He had read that coconut water, which our corner grocer sells, is chalk full of electrolytes. I had stopped to pee and drink after my 5 mile loop and he was there with my yummy coconut water.

I am happy to report that it worked wonders! Finished the next loop in better time than the first. Also I drank half of it when I was done and low and behold no after workout headache. I have been struggling with these for awhile now and was much relieved to have none!

Now I just have to find a way to take it along on my really long hike. I am thinking I will freeze some in a baggie the night before and pack it for the hike.

Gatorade and Powerade make me really sick to my stomach so I am very happy that hubby found me a really healthy replacement. Maybe your corner store does not sell it though?

No comments: