Thursday, October 8, 2009

Birthday Shopping

If you have not picked up on it by now, I hate shopping! I try to do all my shopping online, but have found I do not keep as careful track of funds as I should when I shop online. So in the hopes of saving a few bucks I decided to shop local for babies birthday.

We spent the day out shopping in fact and I am exhausted. What is it about shopping that makes me feel more tired than doing a marathon? I cannot for the life of me figure out what anyone could love about shopping.

Maybe it is because I am always on a budget and trying to shop within the budget is what is exhausting. Since I have never shopped without a budget I have nothing to compare budget shopping to.

Anyway since she can't read, and probably would not read my blog even if she could read, I can tell you what I got her. I got her art supplies. She loves to color, cut,glue, and just all around make a mess. I also got her makeup, the standard gift we get her every occasion. I was also excited to get her her first three reading books. She knows enough sounds and short sight words to begin reading, so we will take off now.

It just seemed like for a fifty dollar budget I could have gotten more for her. I just picture the big parties with all the balloons, candies, oh crud I just remembered, I forgot the pinata! Oh well back to the store and over the budget I go.

No comments: