Thursday, October 15, 2009

Monte de la Cruz

My son commented this morning that he was wanting to head to the mountains. Since he had not been to Monte yet I suggested we take the bus up and hang out there for the day. We caught the bus and for the first time ever had a great time there. Usually it is so cold up there you have to wear a sweater. Today was beautiful. The sun was shining the whole time we were there and we took a good hike up to the cruz.

There is a beautiful view from there looking over the whole valley. We could see for miles and it helped me out a lot. I needed to get out of my little neighborhood and remember there is a whole big world out there and open my mind and eyes a little bit.

That is the beauty of hiking around in the beautiful nature created for us. We realize how beautiful the world is and can get out and enjoy it because we are free and very blessed. It was a great way to spend the day and I am sure I let him talk me into it!

No comments: