Friday, November 27, 2009

The Day After





Our family has a tradition of decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. I believe that we should give thanks before we start worrying about what we may be getting! This year Thanksgiving was a little later, so we won't have to worry about that beautiful grandson of ours taking the decorations down too often.

I do hope everyone had as enjoyable a Thanksgiving as we did. My great friend here, Sally invited our family over for dinner and great conversation. Most people shush me when I start talking politics, it is great to hang with people who can, and will talk back.

The only rival for the company was of course the great food. More roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, vegees, and pies than anyone could ever eat. But we all tried our hardest and made a bit of a dent in it for sure.

Of course the fact that Obama declared, with the power invested in him that is, that it was a national day of Thanksgiving. Whew I am glad I had his permission to celebrate!

No comments: