Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Kids



I have heard it said that a mom can only be as happy as her saddest kid. While I would not totally agree with that, I would say that happy kids can really make us feel happy.

There are days when I think "wow, no one is in distress or drama at the moment". I should not even think that with seven kids. It is like just opening the door and saying, "come on in trouble, we need a little humility". Or something like that.

Today my son called from jail to tell me he had the best day in 15 months! That made me feel very happy for him, and just made me feel like it was a great day all the way around. It also helped that I got off my butt and went to the gym and worked out. It also helped that the sun finally peeked through the clouds for about 30 minutes this afternoon.

All things to feel really thankful for and have a glad heart!

No comments: