Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Blog

I have decided to start another blog in addition to this one. While this one is more of a journal of our family and adventures in Costa Rica, it is very general. I am not one to share personal feelings, especially in a blog, but this blog is as close as it will get. My other blog is more of our story of home schooling abroad.

I get lots of emails asking me about moving abroad with the kids as well as homeschooling, so decided that it would be better to divide up my mind. Like divide and conquer. I do better if I only have to focus on one thing at a time, so on this blog it will be all about me :) The other blog will be about the kids and the great adventure they are having in growing up as expats.

Speaking of me, let's talk about me some more. Again another day in paradise. We are wrapping up sports massage in the school and I am enjoying the heck out of it, as always. We have a student that is bright and quick to catch on to hands on work. That is always fun and great energy in the classroom.

I did a one hour run this morning and the weather was just perfect. I am missing Bekah and family, but at least there is internet, it does help a bit. I told her I don't know what I miss more the running partner or the cookie fiend partner! I just made some banana muffins so that should help curb the cookie cravings. Gotta get ready to head to Manual Antonio beach tomorrow. A couple of days at the beach to work on our sports massage. Actually just a great excuse to go hang out at the beach for a couple of days :)

Having spent the last few months thoroughly absorbed, o.k. obsessed with politics, I feel as if I am waking from a bit of a nap. I have finally faced the fact there is nothing I can do that will make a difference if I am filled with fear and loathing. I read an article today about how we hate the negative traits we see in others that remind us we are also capable of these traits.

If I want to see peace I must be peace. "Be the peace you desire to see in the world." Ghandi said it best.

No comments: