Saturday, July 11, 2009

HALF WAY

Woo hoo we ran our 12 miler today. Boy am I bushed. Rebekah was all bright eyed and bushy tailed though, so I guess age shows here. I just keep dreading having to get up and do anything. I would really just like to find a station that was showing the Tour and watch other people work out all afternoon.

So we are about seven weeks out from our marathon at this point and I am thinking it is going to hurt, again. I just don't know how to train so that a marathon is not painful, maybe not train and just hurt really bad for one day instead of four months?

At any rate we are training and moving right along. Rebekah wakes up at 4:30 a.m. every day to do her training. I shoot for 7:00 a.m. That is a little more doable. Todays run was a little tough because I could not get my visor to stay on. My dread head is getting too darn big for my visor and I wore a do rag instead, burnt face for sure.

At my age I don't need to be getting my face burnt and getting anymore sun damage. I don't want to look like the wrinkly old ladies we see at the beach. More moisturizer I guess! Oh and maybe a little sunscreen would not be a bad idea.

No comments: