Monday, June 8, 2009

NO RAIN

I absolutely love June in Costa Rica. It is just the perfect amount of hot sunshine and rain to keep everyone happy. We had a great long run on Sat. with a nice cloud cover and a few drizzles, perfect run for sure. We also discovered that if you run during a soccer game there is much less traffic on the roads, woo hoo.

I did go to the tamarindomarathon.com site and saw that we will not be the slowest ones in the race, according to the results from last year. I also will not be the oldest woman there, just the second to the oldest. Oh well makes for a good excuse.

The really good news is that I have already lost 5lbs and hopefully will be able to take off another 10 before the race. I just want to try my ideal weight for awhile and see if it is worth the trouble. Like if I really like it enough to maintain it or not. Just want to try it on for size and see how it feels. The last time I was there was when I did my ironman a few years ago. That surely was not worth it!

No comments: