Thursday, June 4, 2009

FLU

I never get sick, I mean never. I may get my monthly headache or some other ache or pain, but never sick. Well that came back to bite me in the backside this week for sure. I have been in bed all week! Now that is a drag. The good part is I only missed one run from the training schedule and should be able to be up and running by tomorrow morning.

The good news is it was the flu, but not the swine flu. Probably some other exotic flu or other, but thank goodness I did not start squealing. I really can't imagine that I could feel any worse though had it been a flu of another name?

I am grateful for a hubby who takes care of the house and kids and even gave me a shot in the butt! He liked that part though, the whole playing doctor thing. I did not mean that how it sounded, but it is all good. The important thing is I survived my flu episode and lived to tell about it. By the way the reason I never get sick is because I am such a wimp and God knows that!

1 comment:

Book Lover Lisa said...

Sorry to hear you were so sick. I had the flu last year for the first time in my life, and am heavily resolved to never, ever catch it again.

Hope you have the energy to do your running.