Friday, June 12, 2009

PEACE



Believe it or not sometimes I get called a "hippie". Actually now I get called an "old hippie". Maybe that is the only kind of hippie there is. I do believe that more people are going to have to decide if they are on the side of peace or not.




My son who is 23 has already made it very clear that he is a pacifist. He is probably the new hippie breed. He works as a coffee man at the local coffee shop in Flagstaff Az. He has a dog he takes trail hiking and he is an artist. Yup fits the mold.




He and I had a good talk when I visited him in Flagstaff we discussed the war and what his opinions were. I was surprised to find we actually agreed on something! Now that is exciting that I can agree with my kids about something.




It is hard to say you will fight for peace, a little of an oxymoron, but there are things we can do to increase peace on earth. We can check out ourselves and see where we are at as far as peace goes. Do we feel peace and love for others? Or do we pass onto our families that we are not feeling peaceful or loving?




In our own homes is where peace on earth will start and grow to encompass the whole world. Lets all work on it and see if we can't spread something besides swine flu to a pandemic level .

No comments: