Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

Here is a wish for a very Merry Christmas to all of my friends and family, and followers here on Hotmomsrus. We have been just partying like crazy and are about ready to all die from sugar overdoses or just plain exhaustion. But it has been a very merry Christmas season for us and I believe as Micah so aptly expressed it is not about the presents. He made the comment that sitting in jail, on Christmas he does not think or even remember any presents he ever received, just all the good times with his family. I would agree with him on this point!

As a side note, I lost a follower! That may not sound like a big deal, but hey I don't have very many! I am just trying to decide if I offended them talking about the Savior, or I offended them by saying that there are no guarantees in life. At any rate I think it all goes back to the comment left on my last post JUDGMENT!

Judgment is a funny thing. I have to make a very honest confession, I was very judgmental in my younger years. Yup, I was convinced I knew it all. I knew that no one in the world should have a T.V. in their home, I knew that everyone should homeschool their children, I knew everyone should have a temple recommend, I knew no one should allow their children do this and that. Yeah maybe even opinionated would be a better word.

But the sad truth is life has dealt me a hand that I cannot deny. I cannot look at anyone else on their path and say what in the heck is good, bad or ugly for them! I am like a recovering alcoholic, one day at a time, one problem at a time. I believe their are black and white rules called commandments. Any further than that I would say question it and check it out.

My big question of the day is, Why am I living a R rated life when I can't even watch R rated movies? I deal with jail, prison, drugs, alcohol, alcoholism, wild parties, piercings, tatoos, oh the list just goes on and on. And you know what? I still love these R rated kids of mine like the day they were born! I can surely see why the Savior died for us. He loved us, even in our sins and mistakes. Because you know what? He knew they were just that "mistakes". And he never gave up on us and he continues to love and extend that love to us every day and every minute.

That is why I celebrate Christmas and do it with all my crazy family!

No comments: