Wednesday, May 6, 2009

EARLY MOTHERS DAY

Can you believe it, yet another muy guapo son! This is our Flagstaff, artist, super duper laid back son. I got to get an early Mothers Day present and hang out with him for the whole day! It was certainly a treat that I will cherish for the next few months until I head North again and see him again.
Another great mothers day present was being able to see my "inmate". He did not know I was going to be at his hearing today so was very surprised to see me sitting outside the courtroom. I told the rest of the family that I would not have recognized him without the shackles!
His hair is grown out long and shaggy and he has lost so much weight. He has been working out like crazy and is very proud of his six pack and huge arms. At least he has something to think about. It was good to see him, and he got a plea that we were very happy with.
You can catch all the news on it on his blog at www.realjailnews.blogspot.com or the azdailynews will certainly have an article tomorrow, hoping it is not too rough on him for sure. I am so thankful for all our friends who were there for moral support it was great.
Going through this has made me realize how important it is to say something at a time like this, even if you're not sure what to say. My inmate said when I visited that he would be visiting inmates for the rest of his life once he gets out in a few years. We both talked about how we did not even know the difference between jail and prison before all this happened. Hard way to get educated, but I'm sure the bigggest jail advocates are the ones who have been there and done that.
Again thanks to my son, and friends who attended and offered their moral support!

No comments: