Sunday, September 13, 2009

MARATHON DOS

Two marathons down and not sure how many more I have got in me. Of course I must remind myself that it is very similar to childbirth and by this time next week I will be thinking of a new training strategy and planning the next big one. We did have a great time though and Tamarindo was great. We rented a house on the beach for a hundred bucks a night and it was well worth it. Should have gone for the extra night but Bekah had to work today. I am one sore puppy but it is all good.

The race was very poorly organized and very hot and very malo. The biggest disappointment was that they decided, since doing their web site evidently, that they would not offer cash prizes. Bekah and I both placed third in our age groups, which made us eligible for the 150.00 prize. I actually beat a couple of people, I think it was the ones they carried off in the ambulance, but hey! Anyway they also ran out of medals, and told us we could pick those along with our plaques up in downtown San Jose at the sports store. Huh? What the freaking heck is that? We were pretty angry to say the least.

The last couple of water stops were gone, yeah cleaned up and gone. The food was put away and they were taking down the finish line while people were still finishing. I got lost twice at the end because I did not know the roads and some nice people showed me the way. That is just messed up. There were only 120 people in the marathon and they could have handled it much better.

We did decide we would never do Tamarindo Beach marathon again, because of the poor show as well as the heat. 80% humidity about put me under for sure. As evidenced by the purple face!





No comments: