Wednesday, March 18, 2009

MUCH NEEDED MASSAGE

I always laugh when my clients come in and say "wow I did not know I was so tight in there!" Today was my turn to make the same comment. Man I did not know I was really carrying the whole world on my shoulders, but they sure felt that way.
Our massage program includes one instructor massage trade and today I received a massage from our student. Not to brag but he is a really good therapist as they have all been. Like I said though I was amazed at how tight I was in my shoulders. I don't know why I was amazed, hours of hours on the computer. Not to mention phone calls to the jail today and emails from lawyer. Yeah I guess it all adds up.
The surprising thing was that my legs felt pretty good. Of course we are just at the 20 mile a week running level and they usually feel pretty good until we go over that. Next week our marathon training will go over 20 miles for the week and that will be a whole new story.
Good thing I have a great hubby who is always up for a massage trade. I will probably need a few between now and May when we do the first marathon in Punteranus, Costa Rica. The next one will be right around the corner and it will be in Tamarindo Costa Rica.
We are both getting excited to finally get a marathon in. The last one was the Cow Town in Ft. Worth Texas about six years ago. I would say it is past time for another marathon.

1 comment:

Book Lover Lisa said...

It is nice for a therapist to get a massage once in a while, huh? Sarah and Elisabeth gave me a massage the other night. I think it was to get out of going to bed, because they know that will always work. Elisabeth rubbed my back for 20 minutes. I was very impressed with her natural technique, and she didn't seem to tire out.