Thursday, March 26, 2009

ROLFING

I had a nice easy going Rolfing treatment today, and guess what? I feel great. I hate to admit it almost because if it was this simple why didn't I do it a few decades ago? I have suffered with low back pain since I was 15 yrs. old and if it was as simple as a few Rolf sessions I will sure be mad at myself.
I have tried chiropractics, yoga, pilates, massage, physical therapy, extreme sports, going to bed, accupuncture and of course lots of prayer. All to no avail. Sometimes it will get better for periods of time, like even months on end. But then it will flare up and this time for two years. When I was pg. and nursing, which was 15 years, I felt great. At least as far as the back was concerned it felt great.
The Rolfer only did about five adjustments on me, but the areas were definately bound up and sure felt good to do some myofascial release on them. I will keep you posted on the stickability of the work.
The other thing it could be is the fact that I am on some heavy duty pain killers for my monthly migraine. Hard to tell which is which.
We did watch a really good movie tonight. Good to me, but not to good to someone who has a problem with lots and lots of foul language.
The name of it was Gran Toreno. It was by and of course starred Clint Eastwood. I thought it had a great message and was certainly pretty powerful. Now if I watch it again without all the pain killers I may have a toatlly different opinion about it, but for now that is my story and I'm stickin with it!

No comments: