Tuesday, January 13, 2009

TEACHING MASSAGE


I love teaching! When we are preparing and waiting for a class to begin I forget how much fun it is going to be once we actually get going and get in the classroom. I use the word classroom loosely as our class is in our old garden room and is super cool. The fact is once I get those students there who are eager to learn about massage and health and helping people I just eat it up.


Our students this class are a lot of fun and very serious about mastering the art and science of massage. They were both homeschoolers and seem to have a lot of fun learning and studying. It brings back memories of when I was in massage school.


It was 12 years ago when I went to massage school, and I was scared to death. I had been a sahm for 15 years and this was the first time actually in my life I had been away to school. I got married when I was 17 so that explains why I never went away.


The massage school I attended was a one hour drive away so I was gone from seven until four thirty every day. I missed my kids terribly and had a very hard time getting used to being gone all day. The good part was I loved massage and thouroughly enjoyed learning about the body and ways that I could help people.


We are really stressing with our students now business tactics. With the economy the way it is we see the need for them to finish school with business skills under their belts. I learned about business the hard way, from the bottem up. I hope to share my experience with our students so that they do not have to re invent the wheel. It will be a great 12 weeks and I just hope they have as much fun and learn as much as we do!

1 comment:

Star Forbis said...

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog out in Arizona today. Come back any time.