Wednesday, April 29, 2009

LOW BACK BLUES

I am trying to send positive vibes to my low back so that it will cooperate and get along with me. It is not listening. It refuses to let me move and sit and lay down and all the other things I really need and like to do. I did not go for a run this morning, thinking if I was nice to it it would cooperate. Wrong!
For 33 years now I have had problems with my hips and sacrum area. I have tried pilates, yoga, chiropractors, physical therapists, pain pills, triathlon, and accupuncture. All to no avail. I read a book that said if you ignore it that it will go away, that by the way does not work either.
I remember my grandma of 9 kids walking around just like I do. The difference was she was really old and I am just creeping up on old. The real problem is my back tends to just wig out at the most inconvenient and awkward times.
The next step is gasp, and sigh seeing the Doc. I have seen so many of my clients with similar back problems who went to so many docs with no relief. But on my bucket list I have to get my back fixed, so I am not ready to hobble around for another 45 years! Time to find the "cure".

No comments: